Wednesday, April 15, 2009

St. Francisville to Hammond, La

I haven't given you mileage updates lately. Today's ride was 88 miles and thus far on the trip I have done 1,822 miles. We have only 13 days of riding left.

Today's ride was long but not hard. Last night Carol, our leader, warned us that we would have Louisiana's version of hills today. After all the climbing we have done it was hardly noticeable. Everything is green here. There is lots of standing water here. I think the ground here is constantly saturated.

Not much else to report so will close for today. I can use the sleep. We get a late start tomorrow because the ride is only 55 miles.

Morning mist on the pond at the Butler Greenwood..look closely to see the floating duck house.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Wow,amazing mileage count. You should be so proud. I hope you got some much needed rest!

Angela said...

What a beautiful duck house! Those are some lucky ducks. :o)