Monday, April 06, 2009

Rest Day Kerrville

The saga of Greg and his visit to me continues. After failing to get to Texas yesterday my dear husband got up early this morning to catch a flight from Tucson to Denver and then Denver to Austin. He then picked up a rental car and drove to Kerrville to spend the rest of my rest day with me. We decided that I would not do the ride from Kerrville to Blanco and he and I would sight see. After we finished he would drive me to Blanco.

While I was waiting for him to arrive my cousin, Genie and her husband, Wes drove down from Austin to take me to lunch. We went to a very nice Mexican restaurant and had a wonderful visit. I think it has been about 10 years since we had seen each other (at her mom's 80th birthday)

Greg arrived around 4:00 and we went to a wonderful Italian restaurant for dinner (remember this trip is about eating). After dinner we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things like toothpaste and sunscreen. I go through a lot of sunscreen on this trip.

Genie and Wes

Genie and me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you! Think that it has been nearly 11 yrs since we've seen each other! I've thought about you and worried about you falling from fighting the lovely wind ! Glad that you knew HOW to fall! Sorry that your memories of TX will be of the wind. Hope you have a good trip for the rest of the way. love, g