Monday, April 20, 2009

Pascagoula, Ms to Dauphin Island, Al

Today's ride was what we have come to call a "rolling rest day." That means it was a short (42 miles) easy day. Nancy and I rode together today. Since it was Sunday and we began early in hopes of beating the predicted rain traffic was very light. We crossed the Mississippi/Alabama state line around mile 18. At mile 37 we came to the start of a three and a half mile bridge. I sagged over it and to the condos.

We are staying in four lovely condos on Dauphin Island. The one I am in has a total of four bedrooms. Two have twin beds, one a queen and one a king. Because I have the single option I was assigned the king with a private bath a whirlpool tub. Very nice.

Our sag driver, our guide, our cook and I loaded back in the sag vehicle to go back to Barnacle Bill's. All but about four of the women stopped there for lunch. I had wonderful fried oysters.

Since my condo also house the cook and guide dinner this evening was in our large living room. Linda fixed shrimp and crayfish jambalaya.

Welcome to Alabama

Bridge to Dauphin Island...I Sagged

Barnacle Bill's

Lunch at Barnacle Bill's...oysters, onion rings and hush puppies

Sand dune outside condo

The beach.

Sunset

No comments: