Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rest Day St. Francisville, La

Rest day at the Butler Greenwood B&B is truly just that, a rest day. I slept in (7:00) and ate a light breakfast because I knew Georgia was coming to drive me into town for lunch. As soon as I got dressed I was out the door to clean my bicycle. Because we had had a downpour while I was eating lunch at Not Your Mama's the roads were wet and dirty. My bike was really dirty. It took me almost and hour and a half to clean it.

Georgia arrived a little before 10 so that we could take the house tour of the Butler Greenwood Plantation given by Anne Butler. Anne is the 8th generation descendant of the original owner family. You can see some photos below from the tour of the house. If you want to know more about the Plantation see www.butlergreenwood.com

Lois S, Georgia and I went to town to have lunch. Linda joined us at the Oxbow Restaurant. Afterwards Georgia and I ran a couple of errands I needed to do then drove around town to check it out. Then Georgia took me back to the B&B. It was great to see her again.

I spent the rest of the day writing post cards, knitting and resting. A great rest day!

My cabin, The Cook's Cottage

my room

my bathroom, with a whirlpool tub!

Humphrey, the resident peacock

The Pond

more of the grounds

Antique dresses in the house.

Lace on a man's coat

Doll

baby crib

Crayfish etouffee

Georgia, Lois S., me and Linda

I loved this sign.

No comments: