Tuesday, May 29, 2007

May 28, 2007 Rest Day St. Louis, MO

St. Louis has a very beautiful downtown area. We stayed at the Adam's Mark Hotel right across the street from the Old Court House and the Gateway Arch.






My roommate had family in the St. Louis area so the first she stayed with them so I had a room to myself. That evening I took a long hot bath and relaxed. When I woke up I walked around the corner to Starbucks then wondered over to the Old Courthouse. The opened at 8:00 and had a wonderful exhibit on the Dread Scott Decision. All my old American History Classes have really started to come back to me on this trip.

After I finished with the tour of the courthouse I went back to the hotel to go with the van and some of the other women to a bike shop. I needed to buy a replacement spare tire for my bike. Well that trip turned out to be a bust as they did not have my size.

When we got back to the hotel I met up with Edith and we went to the Gateway Arch. I actually made it to the top and here is proof. Notice the 630 foot sign behind me.



A view of Busch Stadium from the Arch

Edan Bridge into St. Louis from the Gateway Arch. Another of the bridges that I Have crossed on this trip.

The Old Courthouse from the Arch. Our hotel is the brown building on the right.

No comments: