Wednesday, May 16, 2007

May 16, 2007

Today was another long day. I rode 85.61 miles today. That means that in the last 3 out of four days I ridden more than 84 miles. Mentally it was a little hard for me but the ride itself was wonderful. We rode from Natchez to Vicksburg via the Natchez Trace Parkway. It was wonderful.

The weather has changed dramatically. Two days ago we had really hot sunny day but today we had rain and cloudy sky's. It was wonderful.

As usual Edith and I rode together. She was great today. She helped get me through the ride. Both of us enjoyed the scenery. We say a wild turkey and we rescued a turtle that was walking down the middle of the Natchez Trace Parkway. I think the little guy must have had a death wish. He was not crossing the street but rather walking down the middle!

I will post photos tomorrow as there is a 14 mile optional ride through the Vicksburg battlefield. Greg and I biked it a few years ago on a Backroads trip so I think I will use the day to rest before the 106 mile day the next day.

No comments: