Tuesday, May 15, 2007

May 15, 2007

Rest Day in Natchez, Mississippi. From the grounds of the Briar Inn we have a wonderful view of the Mississippi River. Most of my day has been spent relaxing and enjoying my surroundings.



This morning we had breakfast prepared by the staff at the B&B. I had grits, biscuits, and sausage. What more could a little southern girl want?

After breakfast I walked to the local K-Mart one mile away only to discover that I left my money at the hotel. So back I went. Fortunately as I was walking back to K-Mart the Woman Tours van passed and gave me a ride back to K-Mart. I bought a few supplies and walked back to the Inn. I looked like a true bag lady, walking down a Mississippi highway carrying two plastic bags from K-Mart.

I cleaned my bike, did laundry and then had a massage. I do like rest days.

Tonight dinner is a restaurant called Blues and Biscuits.

Just to remind the readers that because we do not always have Internet access I may post several days worth of postings on one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

85 x 2!!! I am so proud of you! Sounds like you're having a great time, but I miss my partner! I had to ride Oracle to Saddlebrooke and Rancho Vistoso by myself last Sunday...
Rock on girlfriend,
Sharon

triathleteb said...

I hope you enjoyed that well deserved rest day. I laugh thinking of you carrying those bags across the highway. Good luck on your upcoming rides, you are awesome!