Thursday, June 07, 2007

June 7-8, 2007 La Crosse, WI

My roommate and I decided last night that we wanted and early start. We had a 5:15 wake-up call and were downstairs for breakfast a little before 6. I think everyone left the hotel by 6:30-6:45 because we were all afraid of the bad weather predictions. I have never ridden so fast in my life. We had a wonderful tail wind for the 62 miles. Unfortunately my Garmin was not charged and I have no mph report.

Along the way we have seen many dams and locks like the one below.

When I got to the hotel in La Crosse I had a nice surprise, a care packaged from Bridget and her family. Her are the pictures drawn by my two talented grandsons that were included in the care package. Notice the mountains in the first one and the Mississippi River in the second.






Rest day in La Crosse was fun. I walked along the beautiful riverfront and then treated myself to a facial, a pedicure and a massage. It was fun.






Went to the local bike shop





Had dinner a the local COOP restaurant and heard Barry Byrne, a Celtic Harpist.

No comments: