Saturday, June 02, 2007

June 3, 2007 Muscatine, Iowa

Before I forget any longer I have to respond to a couple of question I have received about my knitting. I think I know how to knit. I have not picked up my knitting needles on this trip except to move them around in my luggage. The poor yarn is starting to look a little battered. I just am to tired and busy when I finish my daily ride to even think about knitting. When I get home I am going to have to get busy and start on my Christmas knitting. Only a little over six months. In answer to the other pressing question...I DID NOT buy yarn at the yarn shop. My purchases have been limited to bike shops and the basket I bought.

Last night a bunch of us went to dinner at a restaurant Big Muddy's. It was right on the river and had a great view of the bridge. I tried taking a couple of pictures but they did not turn out very well. Unfortunately, dinner went late for me and I did not sleep well last night. Today's ride was 61 miles and pretty flat but I am feeling tired now. It will defiantly be an early night for me tonight.




This morning when Edith and I left I was able to get this picture of the bridge. Again Edith helped me walk across the bridge.

Today most of the riding time was spent in Illinois again. We saw our first covered bridge.

In case you cannot read the sign above the bridge it says, " Five dollar fine for leading or driving any beast faster than a walk or driving more than thirty head of cattle, mules or horses across this bridge at one time."

No comments: