Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Not much knitting

My hand was still a little sore from the bike ride the other day so I am giving my knitting another day to rest! I did go to my husband's office this morning to photo copy the charts for the Icarus Shawl by Miriam Felton in Interweave Knits Summer 2006 issue. I need to be able to enlarge charts when I do lace to make it easier to follow. Still trying to be good and not start it yet thought.

This morning I did got to the gym and did an hour weight training and took a spinning class. The instructor won the Arizona State Time Trial Championship for his age group this weekend so he does actually bicycle. I find cycling instructors that do not cycle really not very helpful when I translate the workout to the road. His class was 1 hour 15 minutes long. I got there early so I could do 15 minutes prior to class because I was scheduled for an hour and a half workout. Definitely starting to fell I am getting into shape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fellow grandmother knitter!! I've ben reading blogs and everyone seems to be either in graduate schools or contending with diapers. I've done that, 6 children and now 8 grandchildren. I have a daughter who also has four year old twins!!! I started a blog,thecupcakecottage.blogspot.com,
but haven't been in the posting mode. Hope to hear from you. I'm on a mission to make comfy blankets for cancer patients, young and old. My sister just dies of the disease on December 12th and I spend the long night hour in the hospital knitting, when I stopped for a break, she heard the needles stop moving and wanted to see the progress, I was making a blanket for her grandson born on Dec. 11th and she wanted to see it all finished, which she did. Happy knitting ---I love the lacy afghan. P. Jehle