Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A new way to ride

In Spring of 2008 Greg bought me a new bike. This beautiful Orbea Diva is the most comfortable bicycle I have ever ridden. It totally carbon from the frame to the handlebars to the seat post. It is a woman specific design so it is the first bike I have ever felt comfortable riding in the drops. It has a big task ahead of it for 2009. I will be riding from San Diego, California to St. Augustine, Florida with a group of women through Woman Tours. I have really enjoyed this new bike. The wheels on it right now are Greg's Zipp 303. I normally have Reynolds Attack wheels on it but Greg felt these would be better for the long bike ride.



Training for my trip has been going well. I feel very confident that I will be able to face all the challanges of the ride. I did 15 miles up Mt. Lemmon Thanksgiving weekend and have had a lot of miles under my saddle so to speak. More later

No comments: