Monday, April 30, 2007

One week to go

Packing is almost complete and the bicycle is at the shop having a complete overhaul. It should be ready by the end of the day tomorrow so I can take it out for a couple of test rides. My riding partner Sharon has very kindly loaned me her bike case to transport mine to New Orleans for the start of the trip. Thanks, Sharon!


This weekend I had a very good ride on Sunday. While out on the fifty mile ride my cycling partner and I encounter a herd of these, Javilina. Now I have seen Javilina in Arizona before but never a herd of this size. There were a total of 15 Javilina including six babies. It was a lot of fun watching them cross the road into a wash then up on the ridge. For those of you who may not know Javilina are also called Peccary and the Collared Peccary are found in the Southwestern United States all the way to South America. While maybe not the prettiest animals the babies were really cute!

1 comment:

triathleteb said...

We are so looking forward to hearing about your rides. You have worked so hard for this trip. Enjoy the ride! We are so proud of you! Love, B, Little Bub, Big Bub, and Biggest Bub